How to create Content Marketing Strategy of RTA? A Simple Answer.
Strategy starts with a motive i.e an objective which has to be the final outcome of the strategy. So a Content strategy plan cannot be created in isolation i.e. whenever we are creating a content strategy, we have to reverse engineer our goal.
I.e. Everything starts with the cognizance of where we want to reach.
Objectives of a Govt. An organisation like RTA is something which cannot be decided individually rather it is a collective decision of an organisation, but still I have defined below motives as a core to hook up a starting point.
Core objectives of RTA
- Giving information/news to the audience about the products i.e. current developments/projects RTA is undertaking, services which RTA has launched, basically imparting knowledge and educating people about product and services.
- Selling core services of RTA i.e. Metro, Bus, Water Taxi, Nol etc
- Recharging Nol Cards, Paying Fines Etc
- Research (Market/Audience communication has to reach)
- Execute (Deploy the best techniques for maximum reachability)
- Optimize based on the data/feedback (Collect the data i.e. registrations/bounce rate/Avg time on page etc)
“Do you know that from this app you can check your NOL card balance and TOP up instantlyTry now in just 3 Steps.[**BANNER linked to app download in Google play (With analytics UTM parameters for campaign tracking)**Measurable metrics: App downloads]Retargeting:1. Excluding people who downloaded the app,2. Targeting the ad to all those who visited the website>Nol services etc3. Collecting the data and optimising the audience targeting furthur4. Experimenting with different creativesAdvanced Technique:
- Create a yearly Event calendar of the organization. (Pull up the RTA event Calender)
- Pull up festival Calender
- Bifurcate the calendar to quarterly, bi-weekly & weekly no of events, Sync it with festivals
- Bifurcate the ratio of Informational and transactional posts (in %age) this will be in sync with budgets allocated to content marketing/social media (A collective decision)
- Considering the number of posts, bifurcation of post type is mandatory i.e. Link post, Photo post, Video Post, Carousal post or Album
- Measure the data according to objective i.e. Likes/comment/shares, subscriptions, downloads, Sales etc.
- Optimise the strategy by analyzing the collected data. (Restart from step 4)
So optimisation is a continual process i.e. implementation of content strategy will be dynamic i.e.
what to post? when to post? what to boost? where to invest? etc.
These all questions will be answered by the data which will be collected by tools and the process is dynamic, but an annual content calendar is prepared based on our macro objective i.e. what we have to achieve in a year. Which is bifurcated to micro objectives i.e. campaigns leading to actionable posts/tweets/instas.