Arab Banking Corporation Marketing (Audit & Strategy) – Digital Marketing for Banks in Bahrain
Arab Banking Corporation, Digital Marketing Strategy
- About ABC BANK
- Purpose of the document/Blog
- Research (Advertising/Organic etc.)
- Competitive analysis
- Traffic & Domain Analysis:
- Organic Search
- Organic Search: Top keywords
- Organic Search: Keyword Position Distribution
- Organic Search: Top Competitors
- Organic Search: Competitive Position Map
- Organic Branded Search 6 Branded vs. Non-Branded
- Organic Search: Branded Traffic Trend
- Paid Search
- Paid Search: Top Keywords
- Paid Search: Ad Copy Position Distribution
- Paid Search: Top Competitors
- Paid Search: Competitive Positioning Map
- Display advertising
- Display Advertising: Recent Sites
- Display Advertising: Landing Pages
- Display Advertising: Sample Text Ads
- Display Advertising: Sample Image Ads
- Organic Search
About ABC bank
Established in 1980, Bank ABC is licensed as a conventional wholesale bank where the network provide services across five continents, covering countries in the Middle East, North Africa, Europe, the Americas and Asia
Bank ABC (incorporated as Arab Banking Corporation B.S.C) is an international bank headquartered in Manama, Kingdom of Bahrain.
Purpose of this blog
We will audit the digital activities of Bank ABC and further analyze as of how Digital marketing can add value, i.e. will primarily focus on the analysis of the website & company’s current marketing activities (external) i.e. what the bank is doing. Identifying the GAP AREAS i.e. what are the areas of improvement and then strategize what can be done to achieve their objective. The bank needs a better digital marketing strategy which can enhance the current customer retention and promise a sustainable new customer acquisition for the bank in the market of Bahrain i.e. Prospecting plus Client Acquisition.
Technical Website Audit of Bank ABC
Overall we are good, the score of 7.0 over 18 parameters checked on the website, 5 pages are checked with some issues over social media and user interface on the website, so they need to work on the “UI/UX” section.
Research (Advertising/Organic etc.)
Organic Competitive Analysis of Bank ABC
Below are some of the top competitors in the region. We can infer that Organic traffic is not available for this bank when compared to the other competitors.
Traffic & Domain Analysis of Bank ABC
Organically they are not strong enough in terms of traffic, around 1K traffic, mostly via brand keywords and direct channels, they need to work hard on marketing and developing trust in the Country. Paid Channels constitute of both “Search and Display” i.e. they should run paid campaigns on all major channels.
Majorly traffic is coming from search and then direct, When paid campaigns are successful in generating +ve brand image they impact organic channels for a longer term generating much more targeted traffic.
Below are some of the top organic keywords, we can infer that mostly the traffic is coming via “Brand Keywords”
Organic keyword positioning is mostly concentrated from 1st -20th position on Google which is good in comparison to other banks i.e. Albaraka Islamic and NBB, but they still need some work on “Meta Tag” optimization.
On the top queries related to banking/financial services, other banks are performing well; again everything boils down to a structured content strategy to keep “Organic” presence alive.
Below chart shows us the competition of organic keywords in all 6 domains, ABC is getting 500K traffic via 450 keywords.
A detailed keyword audit of Competitors will help to identify lucrative keywords and a structured content strategy can be constituted to increase Banks share in organic market.
Below shows a healthy sign of increased traffic via branded keywords which is good.
ABC is one of the few banks (we have audited) who are investing in “Display Marketing”, but efforts are very basic, once you plan to experiment with some channel you should complete the whole cycle and then take data driven decisions, but ABC is not at all doing so, in display marketing they need a robust planning and minimum efforts of 90 days to gather some authentic data via AB testing of various banners/landing pages etc. (currently their efforts are miniscule which wont provide any direction)
We would also like to comment on their content strategy, in Content i.e. Marketing Message positioning they really need help, we are pretty sure their CTR rates and Performance on Banners ads would not be efficient in term of conversions.
Competitive Positioning Map
- It is a hyper-competitive market and hence research over the marketing model plus product offerings of competitors like BisB & CitiBank, identifying future disruption model plus growth hacking techniques & incremental product innovation is required.
- Objective oriented DM plan is needed i.e. XXX marketing budget allocated to DM. E.g. 10% on content, 10% SEO, 35% media buying(SM/DM), 20% Branding, 15% (news jacking/events) 10% (email/SMS etc.),
- Work on conversion optimization i.e. multiple funnels as per CDJ. The website needs to be optimized for better SEO/SEM (i.e. Content marketing via blog) is required.
- Credible Content Marketing (integrated with PR) is needed in paid campaigns i.e. Campaign targeting
- As per the audit, SEO & Website needs some good work to be at the optimum level of performance. and credible content as the long-term conversion strategy.
- Product and Service Message i.e. content communication strategy should be clear & focused on Display & SOCIAL MEDIA, following the thumb rules which create better engagement on social media. [Process needs to be developed following the brand guidelines and value statement]
Small tweaks in current efforts and structured plan for the future is needed to take Bank ABC altogether to the next level. Both micro and macro level strategies need a revisit and instant optimization is currently needed badly. I am pretty sure that they lack “Digital Expertise” on the client side; hence they need an agency or consultant which is an expert in “Financial Domain” to help them in long term marketing campaigns.